West Shore Home is growing at an explosive rate. To do so, we must operate at an above average pace. We take extreme ownership of our work and are goal oriented as we move the company towards our mission of being the most admired home improvement brand in the U.S. As an In-Home Sales Manager, you will generate revenue for the region by sustaining a team of In-Home Sales Representatives.
As an In-Home Sales Manager, you will report to the General Manager, and oversee the Sales team including Team Leads and Representatives.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Reviews schedule of appointments from Inside Sales and adjust accordingly
- Runs a minimum of 3 new leads per week, totaling 12 per month
- Performs “Ride Alongs” with Sales reps at least 4-5 times per week
- Completes cancel-save appointments
- Reviews performance results daily and takes necessary actions to meet plan expectations
- Prepare and lead weekly sales meeting
- Effectively utilize In-Home Sales Team Lead to ensure In-Home Sales Representatives receive frequent and effective coaching and feedback
Managerial Leadership Practices
- Conducts regular meetings with all immediate subordinate employees to discuss overall business context, plans, and problems; ensures employees understand how their roles and tasks align with organization’s mission and vision; seeks inputs/suggestions from subordinate employees.
- Assigns tasks, projects or special assignments clearly so employees know what is required of them, how much, by when and what resources are available for them to use to achieve the task.
- Appraises how effectively subordinate employees use their judgment and discretion in carrying out tasks and solving problems; discusses appraisals with them as an ongoing working dialogue.
- Coaches subordinates to increase their effectiveness in role and to meet expectations.
- Selects new employees from a list of job candidates provided by immediate manager.
- Conducts two-week in-home sales representative training classes for new hires, and conducts workshops for employees as needed.
- Provides new employees with effective training in role requirements, working relationships, and company requirements and culture.
- Makes de-selection decisions if employees cannot perform the work required and informs own manager.
- Continuously improves the systems and processes used to deliver outputs.
- Requests additional staff from own manager.
- Interacts with other company managers to learn how to support and improve the customer journey.
KPIS and Bonuses
- Earn a monthly bonus for achieving NSLI target as outlined by the West Shore Home NSLI Target Spreadsheet
- Earn a monthly bonus for achieving net sales volume target as outlined by the West Shore Home Target Spreadsheet
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
The In-Home Sales Manager will report to the local office and will attends appointments regularly in order to stay sharp in the selling process as well as generating commissions in line with expectations of upper management. There are some physical requirements for this role, including standing on your feet for several hours, as well transporting and lifting the Sales Kits, which may weigh up to 50 lbs.
Minimum Role Requirements:
- 3+ years’ experience in a sales role preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Valid driver’s license with a reliable vehicle
The guaranteed salary for this position is $75,000.00/year. There is a bonus potential of $7,000.00/month, which is broken down into $3,500.00 for achieving the Net Sales per Lead Issued Target and $3,500.00 for achieving net sales volume target, both targets are outlined by West Shore Home’s Senior Management Team on a monthly basis. This role would also earn a 12% commission on all Sales the Manager would close themselves.
We believe that when employees know they are valued and safe, they’ll bring their best efforts every day. That is why we go above and beyond to ensure that our teammates know just how much they mean to us. Through offering multiple health insurance options (medical, dental, vision, accident insurance, life insurance, critical illness insurance, and short- and long-term disability), a 401K with company match, paid holidays, training opportunities, relocation assistance, and unlimited growth potential, we’ve got you covered. This role is also eligible for our Company’s responsible-PTO policy which allows you to take the time that you need when you need it.
It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, West Shore Home will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.