As our nationwide growth accelerates, our IT Security team plays a key role in driving forward our mission of Bringing Happiness to Every Home® by aggressively owning the implementation and maintenance of strategic technical initiatives surrounding scalability, security, and compliance.
As an Application Security Engineer at West Shore Home®, you will contribute to this mission by ensuring software development and integration projects adhere to company requirements regarding application security. You will report directly to our Chief Information Security Officer and work closely with IT, Security, Business Systems and Digital Product teams.
Why Work at West Shore Home?
We are on a mission to do something that has never been done before – to build the first nationwide home remodeling brand. That requires a high level of imagination, commitment, and determination from people who take extreme ownership of their circumstances. We are proud that our commitment to culture has earned us the 2023 Top Workplaces USA award as one of the nation’s top employers, as well as distinct recognition in the following categories: Leadership, Purpose & Values, and Compensation & Benefits.
What You’ll Contribute
In this role, you can expect to:
- Conduct thorough security assessments and penetration testing of iOS applications and SaaS platforms to identify vulnerabilities and weaknesses
- Prioritize and track identified vulnerabilities, working with development and engineering teams to ensure timely and effective remediation
- Participate in design and architectural reviews of iOs applications and SaaS solutions, providing security recommendations and ensuring adherence to security standards
- Assist in the integration of security practices into the software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design, implementation, and testing phases
- Perform threat modeling exercises to identify potential security threats and risks in both iOS and SaaS environments
- Contribute to incident response efforts by investigating and analyzing security incidents and providing technical expertise to contain and mitigate security breaches
- Assist in developing and delivering security awareness and training programs to educate employees about security best practices, common threats, and mitigation strategies
- Stay updated with the latest security threats, vulnerabilities, and industry trends related to iOS and SaaS environments
What It Takes to Succeed
At West Shore Home, we are Default Aggressive towards our goals and take Extreme Ownership of our results. We’ll provide you with the training and tools to set you up for success, and we hope that you’ll bring:
- 3+ years proven experience as an Application Security Engineer, focusing on iOS applications and SaaS platforms
- Strong understanding of common application security vulnerabilities and effective mitigation strategies
- Hands-on experience with security assessment tools such as static analysis, dynamic analysis, and penetration testing tools
- Familiarity with secure coding practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Relevant certifications (CISSP, CSSLP, CEH) are a plus
We Invest in YOU
We believe that when employees know they are valued and safe, they’ll bring their best efforts every day. That is why we go above and beyond to ensure that our teammates know just how much they mean to us, and we are proud to have earned Top Workplaces USA for Compensation & Benefits recognition.
We’ve got you covered with:
- Multiple health insurance options (medical, dental, vision, accident, life, critical illness, and short- and long-term disability)
- 401K retirement plan with company match
- Paid holidays and paid time off (PTO)
- Continued training & leadership development opportunities
- Unlimited professional and personal growth potential
More to Know
- Schedule: Non-Exempt role with standard hours Monday-Friday 8:00AM-4:30PM
- Location: On Site
- Travel: Up to 10% of the year
- Seniority Level: Associate
Our Growth Story
What started as a local window & door replacement company in a small Pennsylvania suburb has grown into a technology-enabled home improvement powerhouse with over 2,500 employees across 16+ states. With continued national expansion plans, we have committed ourselves to staying true to our roots with a customer-first mindset and an employee-centric culture. While we come from different backgrounds and experiences, we are aligned by our values and are driven by a common goal – becoming America’s Most Admired Home Remodeling Brand®.
We operate at our best when every employee works to achieve their individual potential. To facilitate this, West Shore Home actively invests in our people by providing the structure and support to challenge you as you grow professionally and offering tools to achieve personal satisfaction. If you are looking to unlock your potential and find out what you are truly capable of, there is no better place to do so.
It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All employees are subject to a pre-employment screening process including a background check and drug screen. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to your recruiter.