West Shore Home is continuing to grow and expand into new regions at an explosive rate! To maintain this pace, our Corporate team must respond by operating at an above average pace. We take extreme ownership of our work, teams, and mission of being the most admired home improvement brand in the U.S.
As the Assistant Controller, you will report directly to the Financial Controller. Additionally, you will oversee a team of staff and general accountants.
An Assistant Controller will:
- Close accounting books (5 business day goal) entering applicable journal entries and reconciling general ledger accounts
- Review and approve all accounts payables and cash disbursements
- Provide support for external audits as necessary
- Assist in coding expenses from the corporate credit card program
- Process expense reimbursements
- Maintain current policy documents and SOPs for accountable areas
- Regularly assess processes and policies for continuous improvement opportunities
- Assist in building and maintaining an effective system of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Work with internal auditors
- Support budget process as needed
Accounts Receivable Candidates:
- Have completed a 4-Year Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Have had 2 years’ managerial experience in a similar role
- Have strong computer skills with all MS Office products
- Experience with Salesforce and Paycom preferred
- Are energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards
- Are Comfortable learning/using new software programs
It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, West Shore Home will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.