As our nationwide growth accelerates, our remote Business Systems team plays a key role in driving forward our mission of Bringing Happiness to Every Home® by aggressively implementing new systems and custom applications to achieve unparalleled success in serving our customers and optimizing our business.
As a Business Systems Data Engineer at West Shore Home®, you will contribute to this mission by creating solutions that directly support informed decision-making and innovation by providing clean, protected, and effective data management practices. You will report directly to the Business Systems Cloud Data Architect and work closely with Business Systems Support, Project, and Development managers to enable rapid software innovation in the enterprise.
What You’ll Contribute
In this role, you can expect to:
- Design, develop, test, deploy and monitor data pipelines in Azure Data Factory, Databricks, and Synapse Analytics required for ELT/ETL from a wide variety of data sources
- Design, develop, test, deploy and monitor scalable code with Python and SQL in Databricks, dbt, and other platforms
- Integrate source systems with information management solutions and target systems for automated migration processes. e.g., Source-of-record systems with data warehouses or other systems
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, and redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability
- Lead data migration efforts for mergers and acquisitions
- Build data quality dashboards and/or monitoring tools to utilize the data pipeline, providing active monitoring and actionable insights into overall data quality and data governance
- Assist Data Architect in leading the migration of data from legacy systems to newly developed solutions
- Collaborate with project stakeholders such as IT administrators, technical architects, business analysts, and product owners to determine project requirements and plan development and implementation strategies
- Follow and lead best practices on all data security, retention and privacy policies
- Partner with Business Systems Support, Project, and Development Managers to enable rapid software innovation in the enterprise
What It Takes to Succeed
At West Shore Home, we are Default Aggressive towards our goals and take Extreme Ownership of our results. We’ll provide you with the training and tools to set you up for success, and we hope that you’ll bring:
- Proficiency in Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks (Apache Spark), Azure Storage, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure SQL DB, Alteryx, Azure Databricks and Power BI
- Proficiency in Python and SQL languages, as well as Delta, Parquet, Avro, JSON, CSV, and XML data formats
- Solid understanding of Git-based version control
- Understanding of DevOps and CI/CD for both code and Infrastructure-as-Code deployments
- Knowledge of common web API frameworks and web services
- Familiarity with Salesforce data, queries, connections, and reporting preferred
- Experience with integration and API tools
- Proven competency in solutions design, integration, development, implementation, reporting and analysis
- Strong teamwork, relationship, and client management skills, and the ability to influence peers and senior team leaders necessary to accomplish team goals
We Invest in YOU
We believe that when employees know they are valued and safe, they’ll bring their best efforts every day. That is why we go above and beyond to ensure that our teammates know just how much they mean to us, and we are proud to have earned Top Workplaces USA for Compensation & Benefits recognition.
We’ve got you covered with:
- Multiple health insurance options (medical, dental, vision, accident, life, critical illness, and short- and long-term disability)
- 401K retirement plan with company match
- Paid holidays and paid time off (PTO)
- Continued training & leadership development opportunities
- Unlimited professional and personal growth potential
The guaranteed pay range for this position is $80,000 per year to $120,000 per year. The actual rate is based on each candidate’s skill set and will be determined by the Hiring Manager. This role is a salaried, exempt position that is not eligible for overtime pay.
Please note that the Company will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at the time of their application on a full-time basis.
More to Know
- Schedule: Exempt role with standard hours Monday-Friday from 8AM-5PM EST with flexibility depending on commitments to regular meetings and stakeholder collaboration
- Location: Remote (USA)
- Seniority Level: Associate, Mid-Senior Level
Why Work at West Shore Home?
We are on a mission to do something that has never been done before – to build the first nationwide home remodeling brand. That requires a high level of imagination, commitment, and determination from people who take extreme ownership of their circumstances. We are proud that our commitment to culture has earned us the 2023 Top Workplaces USA award as one of the nation’s top employers, as well as distinct recognition in the following categories: Leadership, Purpose & Values, and Compensation & Benefits.
We operate at our best when every employee works to achieve their individual potential. To facilitate this, West Shore Home actively invests in our people by providing the structure and support to challenge you as you grow professionally and offering tools to achieve personal satisfaction. If you are looking to unlock your potential and find out what you are truly capable of, there is no better place to do so.
Our Growth Story
What started as a local window & door replacement company in a small Pennsylvania suburb has grown into a technology-enabled home improvement powerhouse with over 2,500 employees across 16+ states. With continued national expansion plans, we have committed ourselves to staying true to our roots with a customer-first mindset and an employee-centric culture. While we come from different backgrounds and experiences, we are aligned by our values and are driven by a common goal – becoming America’s Most Admired Home Remodeling Brand®.
It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All employees are subject to a pre-employment screening process including a background check and drug screen. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to your recruiter.