West Shore Home is growing at an explosive rate. To do so, we must operate at an above average pace. We take extreme ownership of our work and are goal oriented as we move the company towards our mission of being the most admired home improvement brand in the U.S. As the Corporate Recruiting Manager, you ensure West Shore Home’s corporate level recruiting efforts are producing the results required to meet headcount demands and ensure the business can meet its productivity to scale the corporate side quickly and effectively.
As a Corporate Recruiting Manager, you will report to the Director of Talent Acquisition and oversee corporate level requisitions and corporate recruiters.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Develops corporate recruiting plans to meet business headcount demands, including candidate sourcing, recruiter workflow, corporate requisition distribution, scripting, screening, and inter-departmental communication
- Assists in developing and executing an onboarding and training plan for all new corporate recruiters
- Oversees recruiters’ daily activity to ensure proper activity levels and compliance with established quality standards
- Monitors metrics and KPIs to identify areas for improvement and increased efficiency; develops countermeasures to address exposed inefficiencies
- Monitors recruiter’s individual performance and works with team leads to develop specific recovery plans
- Monitors Corporate Recruiter phone screens to provide feedback and develop improvement plans
- Provides scripting, process, and technical support to recruiters on staff
- Provides assistance to recruiters with issues related to their daily recruiting duties including sourcing, screening, Salesforce, and issues with hiring managers
- Ensures best practices, compliance, and data security policies are always followed
- Provides regular training to recruiters to ensure continuous improvement
- Delivers first class customer service as it relates to all recruiting efforts with
corporate hiring managers
- Collaborates effectively with the Onboarding Team to ensure smooth transition from
recruiting and hiring process into the onboarding process
- Develops strong working relationships with all corporate executives, directors, and
front-line hiring managers
- Advises hiring managers on hiring decisions
- Participate in West Shore Home’s manager training programs
- Recruits as necessary
Managerial Leadership Practices
Conducts regular meetings with all immediate subordinate employees to discuss overall business context, plans, and problems; ensures employees understand how their roles and tasks align with organization’s mission and vision; seeks inputs/suggestions from subordinate employees.
- Develops managerial plan for achieving departmental/unit goals.
- Assigns tasks, projects or special assignments clearly so employees know what is
required of them, how much, by when and what resources are available for them to
use to achieve the task.
- Appraises how effectively subordinate employees use their judgment and discretion in
solving problems; discusses appraisals with them as an ongoing working dialogue.
- Coaches subordinates to increase their effectiveness in role.
- Selects new employees from a list of job candidates provided by immediate manager;
vetoes appointments when candidates are judged to be unable to do the work
- Ensures that new employees are effectively oriented and trained into role
requirements, working relationships, and company requirements and culture.
- Makes de-selection decisions if employees cannot perform the work required and
informs own manager.
- Makes dismissal decisions if employees are found guilty of a serious infraction of the
company’s rules and regulations and informs own manager.
- Continuously improves the systems and processes used to deliver outputs.
- Requests additional staff from own manager.
The Corporate Recruiting Manager reports to the Corporate Headquarters in Mechanicsburg, PA. The standard workweek for regular full-time employees is forty (40) hours per week. Standard office work hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday). The Corporate Recruiting Manager must have the ability to travel, up to 10% of the year. There are no physical requirements for this role.
Minimum Role Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years as a recruiting manager accountable for multiple recruiters’ output in a
medium to high volume business setting
- 1+ year sourcing and screening Director and higher level candidates in a corporate
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about candidate sourcing, screening,
interviewing, and onboarding
“It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All employees are subject to a pre-employment screening process including a background check and drug screen. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to your recruiter.”