West Shore Home is growing at an explosive rate. To do so, we must operate at an above average pace to meet our mission of Bringing Happiness to Every Home. We are goal oriented and take extreme ownership of our work. Our vision is to be the most admired U.S. home improvement brand. West Shore Home operates at its best when every employee works to achieve their individual potential. To facilitate this, West Shore Home provides the structure and support to challenge you as you grow professionally, provides fair compensation as you progress in your career, and offers tools to achieve personal satisfaction.
As a Corporate Warehouse Operations Trainer, you will report to Corporate Training Manger- Operations as a member of the Warehouse Operations Training Team. In this role you will work closely with the Inventory Management Team.
Key Role Accountabilities
- Develop and manage initial on-board training for roles within your functional area, i.e. Manager, Associate, Ops Amins, etc.
- Develop and present sustainment Inventory Management System (“IMS”) training i.e. IMS, loss prevention, inventory vending machine.
- Coordinate with key stake holders to identify, refine and update curriculum.
- Instruct IMS training during Management 201/301.
- Assist in setup of all Greenfield locations.
- Present OSHA required training, i.e. forklift operations, PPE, and Lead PPR.
- Assist with developing truck layouts.
- Promote West Shore Home culture, policies, and procedures.
- Teach West Shore Home leadership philosophy and real-world leadership skills to front-line installers to help them develop into lead installers.
What Success Looks Like
As a Warehouse Operations Trainer you must have Extreme Ownership of every aspect of warehouse operations at West Shore Home. It is your responsibility to train qualified Warehouse Managers capable of meeting the requirements of the job the day they finish your training. Your Default Aggressive stance is to ensure General Managers have qualified people to meet the operational requirements of West Shore Home. Our Warehouse Managers Will Be Great at Everything they do because you have given them the skills and confidence to do so. Collectively, we will Get Better Every Single Day because you will look for ways to improve course outcomes, effective delivery of content, and improved teaching and coach techniques. The Training and Leadership Development Team are Exceptional Teammates because we produce Exceptional Teammates. You will be one of the first West Shore Home leaders, coaches, and mentors our new managers meet, it is your responsibility to set the example and Do the Right Thing Always.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Non-Exempt role with standard hours from 08:00 to 5:00, Monday through Friday, forty (40) hours per week.
- Will require travel 50% or greater of the year.
- Overtime is common in this role.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy equipment and materials, up to 50 lbs. frequently, and sometimes more than 50 lbs.
- Must be able to drive [personal/company] vehicle to and from job/appointment sites.
- Ability to maintain driver’s license and be insured under companies’ policy.
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions, including rain, snow, and very high or low temperatures.
- Must be able to sit and use office equipment (computer, mouse, phone, etc.) for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Minimum Role Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years in a corporate training role.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in developing training curriculum.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a leadership or management role.
“It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All employees are subject to a pre-employment screening process including a background check and drug screen. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to your recruiter.”