West Shore Home is growing at an explosive rate. To do so, we must operate at an above average pace to meet our mission of Bringing Happiness to Every Home. We are goal oriented and take extreme ownership of our work. Our vision is to be the most admired U.S. home improvement brand. West Shore Home operates at its best when every employee works to achieve their individual potential. To facilitate this, West Shore Home provides the structure and support to challenge you as you grow professionally, provides fair compensation as you progress in your career, and offers tools to achieve personal satisfaction.
As the Creative Director, you will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and oversee the entire creative team. You will be responsible for graphic design, video production, and marketing campaign ideation to ensure it aligns with the brand strategy of West Shore Home. This role will collaborate and work alongside the Media Director, Digital Director, Chief Marketing Officer, and other key leaders in the company. This role is accountable for making West Shore Home’s branding strategy and design cohesive across all marketing efforts, while driving consumer interactions through compelling written copy, graphic design, and video production that will impact millions of consumers every week.
Key Role Accountabilities
- You will ensure that all marketing and customer-facing materials fit the West Shore Home brand guidelines and convey our brand accurately to our customers. Your ability to develop and maintain a robust branding strategy across the entire company will help propel West Shore Home to become the most admired US home improvement brand.
- West Shore Home runs print ads all over the country as a critical piece of our customer acquisition strategy. As the creative director, you must own the print, direct mail, and newspaper branding initiatives to ensure they convey our brand strategy accurately to our customers.
- You must build, maintain, and continually improve our digital marketing efforts in accordance with our brand strategy. This will include, but is not limited to, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, social media, and the website. You must ensure the desired customer engagement goals are realized through all our digital mediums.
- You must ensure that all graphic assets are maintained and organized to reference or utilize later in a quick and efficient manner.
- Video Production
- As the creative director, you will own our direct response commercial strategies, which include scripting, storyboarding, and producing long form direct response commercials for television. You will need to ensure the efficient use of these commercials and ensure they get updated at a regular 3–4-week cadence to achieve the desired goals in accordance with our marketing strategy.
- You will own the creation of all short form television and online videos that will be produced to help establish our brand within the industry and drive traffic to our website. You will ensure these videos align with our branding strategy and that they help build relevance and credibility for West Shore Home in the home remodeling industry across the country.
- Project Management
- You will ensure that the overall strategic vision for the creative initiatives are being worked towards every day by all members of the creative team. This will require you to manage the intake of requests and develop a project management system to ensure the relevant tasks that contribute to the overall strategic vision are being prioritized appropriately.
- You will need to develop and execute projects that help improve the creative strategy at West Shore Home. You must work with the Chief Marketing Officer to ensure these plans have a clear pathway moving towards implementation.
- Campaign Ideation
- You must work to generate creative concepts for use across are various marketing mediums. You will need to continually revamp the concepts to ensure maximum effectiveness throughout the year and across different demographics.
- You must work with the marketing team to create promotional ideas that will help lead generation. You must develop these ideas into media campaigns that will deliver the desired results. You must work with the marketing team to help continually bring in new customers through these new campaigns.
- People Development
- You must develop your creative team to have a strong culture rooted in innovation that is in line with West Shore Home’s core values.
- You will need to forecast the demand of the creative team and ensure a glide path is developed for overall departmental growth.
What Success Looks Like
With the rapid growth of this company, it is paramount that West Shore Home is deploying a world-class advertising effort. As Creative Director, it is your responsibility to make sure our initiatives are aligned to our brand and constantly improving from both a design and communication standpoint. You will need to combine our branding initiatives with our direct response marketing tactics to ensure the creative strategy produces the best results possible for the company. The right person for this role will dedicate themselves to understanding the brand and will constantly ideate new ways to better promote the organization. This role needs to be a senior level leader who is uncompromising in their attention to detail, and relentless in their pursuit of improvement.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Exempt role with standard hours from 8:00am to 5:00pm (Monday through Friday).
- Infrequent travel by air and by vehicle may be required upon request.
- Must be able to sit and use office equipment (computer, mouse, phone, etc.) for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to drive personal vehicle to and from job/appointment sites for content and video production.
- Ability to maintain driver’s license and be insured under companies’ policy.
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions, including rain, snow, and very high or low temperatures.
- Ability to work in customer homes at various locations in a 90-mile radius from the business address.
Minimum Role Requirements
- Proven skillset and expertise with design or video production work (must have a portfolio to highlight previous work) – 5+ years required.
- High level of written communication competency – examples may be requested.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment on a creative or marketing team – 4+ years required.
- Experience leading projects for creative change or innovation required.
- Proven success in a people management role – 4+ years required.
- Prior experience working in a B2C marketing function preferred.
- Experience in leading a team through projects using project management tools and systems preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, marketing, or a related field required.
“It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All employees are subject to a pre-employment screening process including a background check and drug screen. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to your recruiter.”