West Shore Home® is growing at an explosive rate. To do so, we must operate at an above average pace to meet our mission of becoming America’s Most Admired Home Remodeling Brand™. We are goal oriented and take extreme ownership of our work. West Shore Home operates at its best when every employee works to achieve their individual potential. To facilitate this, West Shore Home provides the structure and support to challenge you as you grow professionally, provides fair compensation as you progress in your career, and offers tools to achieve personal satisfaction.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
We need to harness the complexity of home remodeling and inject it into an experience that is simple for our customers and sales teams. We will do this by building leading edge mobile technology, and you will be the tip of the arrow in this tremendous endeavor and opportunity.
You will lead a CPQ development team that will be responsible to architect and develop a cloud optimized CPQ application. You will be a technical leader in the company that works to turn the customer facing goals of the company into reality utilizing the technological capabilities of the company to its fullest potential. You will provide deep software development knowledge with respect to cloud architecture, design patterns, and programming. You must also advise on and implement Google Cloud best practices. You will help serve as one of the technological subject matter experts within the company.
You will be an infrastructure and application development specialist that will work on Agile software development and DevOps. You must implement DevOps practices such as infrastructure code, continuous integration, and automated deployment. Your ability to lead the development of custom applications for use within West Shore Home will be a major contributing factor to the overall success of West Shore Home’s mission. You will have the authority to make the vision a reality by architecting a dynamic in-home experience and building a team to execute your design.
MINIMUM ROLE REQUIREMENTS
- BS level technical degree or 12+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
- 8+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles, leading custom, enterprise-level, multi-million-dollar application builds.
- Hands-on experience with architecting and automated provisioning (IaC), configuration management for infrastructure and applications
- Hands-on experience with envisioning, designing, building, and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools
- Experience establishing, implementing, and delivering using Agile practices
- Computer Science or Engineering background
- Demonstrated success as a software developer, application architect, release manager, product manager, CTO, or consultant working with various platforms
- Experience with architecting, designing, and developing applications on the Google Cloud or AWS Platform
- Experience with designing and building applications using container and serverless technologies
- Experience with architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability, and high availability
- Good exposure to Agile software development and DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration, automated deployment, and configuration management
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g., Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
- Experience with presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons, etc
- Experience working directly with customers, partners, or third-party developers
- Experience with blogging or writing technical articles or contributing to an open-source project for new and existing technologies or application architecture and design
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
We are attempting to create something that has never been done in the home remodeling industry. We are looking to create an in-home experience that is different. To make this goal a reality, you must ensure all deadlines are met on-time and on-budget. You must take ownership of the custom development strategy at West Shore Home and work aggressively with your team to deliver the best possible experience to our customers. You must develop an application that can facilitate declarative configuration and maintenance, improves our ability to seek jobs in the home. You must always work to improve the process and functionality of the application while ensuring the maturation cycle meets organizational goals, budgets, and timelines. The best measure of success will be seen when all products and projects are impressively visualized, priced, and presented using the application architected by you and your team.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Exempt role
- May require travel up to 25% of the time
- Must be able to sit and use office equipment (computer, mouse, phone, etc.) for extended periods of time
“It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All employees are subject to a pre-employment screening process including a background check and drug screen. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to your recruiter.”