As our nationwide growth accelerates, our Legal team at our Corporate HQ in Mechanicsburg, PA plays a key role in driving forward our mission of Bringing Happiness to Every Home® by ensuring the company adheres to external rules and internal controls while meeting business goals.
As an Employment Litigation Counsel at West Shore Home®, you will proactively advise and counsel to ensure legal compliance with employment matters. You will report directly to the General Counsel and work closely with the Employment Counsel, Litigation Counsel, and the rest of the Human Resources and Legal teams.
What You’ll Contribute
In this role, you can expect to:
- Manage pre-litigation and litigation employment matters, including disputes, demands, and claims.
- Provide in-house legal counsel on employment related matters including, but not limited to, employee relations issues; internal investigations; federal and state wage and hour laws; workers’ compensation, unemployment compensation, and other state agency claims; commissions; compensation plans; employee benefits; employment agreements; separation agreements; FMLA and ADA accommodation requests; and employment related hearings, mediations, and arbitrations.
- Provide legal counsel and advice to internal clients to protect the Company’s reputation and business interests and help ensure it complies with all relevant employment laws, rules, regulations, and contractual requirements.
- Responsible for core employment litigation work, including legal assessment and analysis, preparing and overseeing internal litigation holds, pre-litigation dispute resolution, preparing and/or editing case material, drafting correspondence, responding to subpoenas and discovery requests, drafting and reviewing pleadings and other court documents, interviewing witnesses, preparing witnesses for testimony, negotiating and drafting settlement agreements, and attending depositions, hearings, and other administrative and judicial proceedings.
- Develop, evaluate, and execute employment litigation strategies and initiatives.
- Create and provide in-house training on employment-related matters.
- Manage outside counsel to develop and drive overall litigation strategy, ensure compliance with Company policies, and drive cost savings.
- Prepare monthly reports for the General Counsel on litigation statuses, results, budgets, forecasts, and exposure analysis.
- Provide internal legal support and collaboration with other in-house counsel across a variety of pre-litigation and litigation issues in multiple practice areas and forums.
- Draft employment related policies and procedures.
- Draft, negotiate, and review/revise various commercial agreements and contracts.
What It Takes to Succeed
At West Shore Home, we are Default Aggressive towards our goals and take Extreme Ownership of our results. We’ll provide you with the training and tools to set you up for success, and we hope that you’ll bring:
- JD degree from an accredited law school
- Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania
- Minimum of five (5) years of litigation experience with a mid-sized law firm or larger
- Substantial employment litigation experience, including with fact investigation, discovery responses, depositions, motion practice, mediation, and developing litigation strategy
- Experience preparing witnesses for interviews, depositions, and trials
- Experience and understanding of eDiscovery
- Experience practicing before federal courts, state courts, and administrative agencies
- Experience with contract drafting, negotiating, and interpretation.
- Sound judgment and the ability to make reasoned recommendations
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to propose solutions that are both legally compliant and consistent with business plans and strategies
- Able to build credibility and trust with clients, colleagues, stakeholders, and business partners
We Invest in YOU
We believe that when employees know they are valued and safe, they’ll bring their best efforts every day. That is why we go above and beyond to ensure that our teammates know just how much they mean to us, and we are proud to have earned Top Workplaces USA for Compensation & Benefits recognition.
We’ve got you covered with:
- Multiple health insurance options (medical, dental, vision, accident, life, critical illness, and short- and long-term disability)
- 401K retirement plan with company match
- Paid holidays and paid time off (PTO)
- Continued training & leadership development opportunities
- Unlimited professional and personal growth potential
More to Know
- Schedule: Exempt role with standard hours from 8:00AM to 5:00PM
- Location: Mechanicsburg, PA (On-site)
- Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Why Work at West Shore Home?
We are on a mission to do something that has never been done before – to build the first nationwide home remodeling brand. That requires a high level of imagination, commitment, and determination from people who take extreme ownership of their circumstances. We are proud that our commitment to culture has earned us the 2023 Top Workplaces USA award as one of the nation’s top employers, as well as distinct recognition in the following categories: Leadership, Purpose & Values, and Compensation & Benefits.
We operate at our best when every employee works to achieve their individual potential. To facilitate this, West Shore Home actively invests in our people by providing the structure and support to challenge you as you grow professionally and offering tools to achieve personal satisfaction. If you are looking to unlock your potential and find out what you are truly capable of, there is no better place to do so.
Our Growth Story
What started as a local window & door replacement company in a small Pennsylvania suburb has grown into a technology-enabled home improvement powerhouse with over 2,500 employees across 16+ states. With continued national expansion plans, we have committed ourselves to staying true to our roots with a customer-first mindset and an employee-centric culture. While we come from different backgrounds and experiences, we are aligned by our values and are driven by a common goal – becoming America’s Most Admired Home Remodeling Brand®.
It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All employees are subject to a pre-employment screening process including a background check and drug screen. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to your recruiter.