West Shore Home is growing at an explosive rate. To do so, we must operate at an above average pace. We take extreme ownership of our work and are goal oriented as we move the company towards our mission of being the most admired home improvement brand in the U.S.. As an FP&A Manager, this role is accountable for overseeing all aspects of the financial planning and analysis process.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Provide critical technical and analytical expertise in response to specialized modeling and report requests and develop complex financial models for internal use
- Troubleshoot the forecasting software (Jedox)
- Identify, analyze, and communicate trends and issues affecting the business
- Develop presentations for internal and external use
- Lead financial reviews with various business leaders
- Maintain strong working relationships with all levels of employees, including senior management.
- Develop and provide accurate, timely and actionable monthly financial reporting and key business metrics
- Stay current with SEC and PCAOB standards
Managerial Leadership Practices
- Conducts regular meetings with all immediate subordinate employees to discuss overall business context, plans, and problems; ensures employees understand how their roles and tasks align with organization’s mission and vision; seeks inputs/suggestions from subordinate employees.
- Assigns tasks, projects or special assignments clearly so employees know what is required of them, how much, by when and what resources are available for them to use to achieve the task.
- Appraises how effectively subordinate employees use their judgment and discretion in carrying out tasks and solving problems; discusses appraisals with them as an ongoing working dialogue.
- Coaches subordinates to increase their effectiveness in role and to meet expectations.
- Decides subordinate pay and merit increases within established organization compensation guidelines; communicates pay revisions with them.
- Selects new employees from a list of job candidates provided by immediate manager.
- Provides new employees with effective training in role requirements, working relationships, and company requirements and culture.
- Makes de-selection decisions if employees cannot perform the work required and informs own manager.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
The FP&A Manager works in an office setting at the Corporate Headquarters. The standard workweek for regular full-time employees is forty (40) hours per week. Standard office work hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday).
Minimum Role Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, finance or related field; CPA preferred
- Minimum 4 years’ progressive experience in Accounting/Finance roles
- Minimum 2 years’ managerial experience with subordinate employees
- Strong experience in partnering with department heads and above
- Experience with PCAOB audits and external reporting
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley
- SEC reporting experience is a plus
- Technically savvy with computer proficiency in finance and accounting software
- Absolute commitment to accounting compliance and maintain above reproach ethical standards with great integrity
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Proven decision-making skills with ability to manage under pressure
It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, West Shore Home will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.