As our nationwide growth accelerates, our Communications team at our Corporate HQ in Mechanicsburg, PA plays a key role in driving forward our mission of Bringing Happiness to Every Home® by delivering key internal messaging and promoting a culture of engagement among employees companywide.
As a Graphic Design Intern at West Shore Home®, you will contribute to this mission by using your talent as a designer to showcase employee success and promote engagement among companywide initiatives. You will report directly to the Communications Manager and work closely with other communications, PR, and multimedia professionals.
What You’ll Contribute
In this role, you can expect to:
- Gain hands-on learning experience through interactive training as a content creator for all West Shore Home intranet and social media (non-marketing) properties
- Develop your talent as a designer to proactively create and deliver content focused on showcasing employee success and improving employee experience
- Learn the brand manual & design principles and the best practices to implement them
- Work alongside our internal creative team on presentations, training manuals, upcoming companywide initiatives, flyers, ads, and more
What It Takes to Succeed
At West Shore Home, we are Default Aggressive towards our goals and take Extreme Ownership of our results. We’ll provide you with the training and tools to set you up for success, and we hope that you’ll bring:
- Proficiency working in Adobe Creative Suite, most specifically with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Ability to showcase examples of past creative work
- Desire to understand and embrace West Shore Home’s culture and values
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a graphic design related field, or similar positioning in an alternate graphic design/art/content creation education and certification program
More to Know
- Schedule: Part-time, Monday-Friday (flexible schedule)
- Location: Mechanicsburg, PA (On-Site)
- Seniority Level: Internship
Why Work at West Shore Home?
We are on a mission to do something that has never been done before – to build the first nationwide home remodeling brand. That requires a high level of imagination, commitment, and determination from people who take extreme ownership of their circumstances. We don’t make excuses. We solve problems and get things done. If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to join us on our mission.
We operate at our best when every employee works to achieve their individual potential. To facilitate this, West Shore Home actively invests in our people by providing the structure and support to challenge you as you grow professionally and offering tools to achieve personal satisfaction. If you are looking to unlock your potential and find out what you are truly capable of, there is no better place to do so.
Our Growth Story
What started as a local window & door replacement company in a small Pennsylvania suburb has grown into a technology-enabled home improvement powerhouse with over 2,000 employees across 15+ states. With continued national expansion plans, we have committed ourselves to staying true to our roots with a customer-first mindset and an employee-centric culture. While we come from different backgrounds and experiences, we are aligned by our values and are driven by a common goal – becoming America’s Most Admired Home Remodeling Brand®.
It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All employees are subject to a pre-employment screening process including a background check and drug screen. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to your recruiter.