West Shore Home is growing at an explosive rate! To do so, we must operate at an above average pace. We take extreme ownership of our work and are goal oriented as we move the company towards our mission of being the most admired home improvement brand in the U.S. As a Human Resources Generalist, this role is responsible for supporting the local region by providing HR policy advice and support for day to day processes. The HR Generalist is also responsible for onboarding all employees in the region.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Assists new hires in pre-employment processes as required by the role they are hired for.
- Coordinates and Facilitates the new employee onboarding process with the GM of each location by working with new hires to set up start times and dates.
- Learns and effectively uses software systems employed by HR department, including: Salesforce, Paycom, etc.
- Interprets and Defines HR Policies and Procedures for employees and management.
- Assists with corrective actions, personal effectiveness evaluations, promotions, and terminations.
- Maintains personnel record keeping according to local, state, and federal laws related to new hires, medical information, employee reviews, promotions, transfers, terminations, and exit interviews.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Advises management regarding all disciplinary issues; oversees Stratum I employee terminations and processes paperwork internally.
- Provides guidance to employees and managers on a variety of employment issues (e.g., grievances, FMLA, harassment, civil rights violations, etc.); conducts comprehensive investigations and ensures prompt resolution is taken and communicated.
- Manages worker compensation program; represents organization at compensation hearings.
- Coordinates and Facilitates employee engagement events.
Minimum Role Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration preferred, or 2+ years’ experience in a related HR role
- Strong communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work at a high level with minimal supervision
- Experience with HRIS software preferred
It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, West Shore Home will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.