West Shore Home is growing at an explosive rate! To do so, we must operate at an above average pace. We take extreme ownership of our work and are goal oriented as we move the company towards our mission of being the most admired home improvement brand in the U.S. As an Inside Sales Manager, you will be accountable for creating and sustaining a team of Inside Sales representatives to meet company objectives.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Develops and implements a department budget and operating plan 9 months into the future.
- Continuously analyzes department performance against expectations and takes corrective measures to meet plan and budget.
- Serves as overflow for inbound customer calls
Managerial Leadership Practices
- Conducts regular meetings with all immediate subordinate employees to discuss overall business context, plans, and problems; ensures employees understand how their roles and tasks align with organization’s mission and vision; seeks inputs/suggestions from subordinate employees.
- Assigns tasks, projects or special assignments clearly so employees know what is required of them, how much, by when and what resources are available for them to use to achieve the task.
- Appraises how effectively subordinate employees use their judgment and discretion in carrying out tasks and solving problems; discusses appraisals with them as an ongoing working dialogue.
- Coaches subordinates to increase their effectiveness in role and to meet expectations.
- Decides subordinate pay and merit increases within established organization compensation guidelines; communicates pay revisions with them.
- Selects new employees from a list of job candidates provided by immediate manager.
- Provides new employees with effective training in role requirements, working relationships, and company requirements and culture.
- Makes de-selection decisions if employees cannot perform the work required and informs own manager.
- Makes dismissal decisions if employees are found guilty of a serious infraction of the company’s rules and regulations and informs own manager.
- Continuously improves the systems and processes used to deliver outputs.
- Requests additional staff from own manager.
- Interacts with other company managers to learn how to support and improve the customer journey.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
The Inside Sales Manager works in an office setting at the local Call Center. The standard workweek for regular full-time employees is forty (40) hours per week. Standard office work hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday). The Inside Sales Manager must have the ability to travel, up to 10% of the year. There are no physical requirements for this role.
Minimum Role Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; High School Diploma required
- Passion for training, coaching, and developing front-line sales talent
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar manager role and 2+ year’s customer service experience
“It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All employees are subject to a pre-employment screening process including a background check and drug screen. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to your recruiter.”