West Shore Home is growing at an explosive rate! To do so, we must operate at an above average pace. We take extreme ownership of our work and are goal oriented as we move the company towards our mission of being the most admired home improvement brand in the U.S. As an Inside Sales Team Lead, your primary purpose is to support the Inside Sales Manager by overseeing the Inside Sales operations for a designated region, providing training and coaching to Inside Sales Representatives, and ensuring process compliance within their team.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Train and qualify new employees in accordance with department procedures/guidelines.
- Oversee the appointment calendar for the assigned region.
- Monitor employee performance against goals/objectives and provide real time feedback and coaching.
- Monitor call recordings, when needed, to identify employee improvement opportunities; share recordings and feedback with employees.
- Make selection decisions from a talent pool provided by the Inside Sales Manager.
- With due process, make deselection decisions.
- Perform Management Leadership Practices for all direct reports.
- Duties as assigned by the Inside Sales Manager
Managerial Leadership Practices
- Conducts regular meetings with all immediate subordinate employees to discuss overall business context, plans, and problems; ensures employees understand how their roles and tasks align with organization’s mission and vision; seeks inputs/suggestions from subordinate employees.
- Assigns tasks, projects or special assignments clearly so employees know what is required of them, how much, by when and what resources are available for them to use to achieve the task.
- Appraises how effectively subordinate employees use their judgment and discretion in carrying out tasks and solving problems; discusses appraisals with them as an ongoing working dialogue.
- Coaches subordinates to increase their effectiveness in role and to meet expectations.
- Decides subordinate pay and merit increases within established organization compensation guidelines; communicates pay revisions with them.
- Selects new employees from a list of job candidates provided by immediate manager.
- Provides new employees with effective training in role requirements, working relationships, and company requirements and culture.
- Makes de-selection decisions if employees cannot perform the work required and informs own manager.
- Makes dismissal decisions if employees are found guilty of a serious infraction of the company’s rules and regulations and informs own manager.
- Continuously improves the systems and processes used to deliver outputs.
- Requests additional staff from own manager.
- Interacts with other company managers to learn how to support and improve the customer journey.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
The Inside Sales Team Lead works in an office setting at the local Call Center. The standard workweek for regular full-time employees is forty (40) hours per week. Standard hours for the first shift team is 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Monday through Friday). Standard hours for the second shift team is 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday). The team lead must work one Saturday a month from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. There are no physical requirements for this role.
It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, West Shore Home will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.