West Shore Home is growing at an explosive rate. To do so, we must operate at an above average pace. We take extreme ownership of our work and are goal oriented as we move the company towards our mission of being the most admired home improvement brand in the U.S. As an Installation Manager, you will be accountable for overseeing your install team to effectively and profitably install our products.
As an Installation Manager, you will report to the General Manager, and oversee the Operations team, including Installers, Warehouse Managers and Production Supervisors.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Develops and recommends an Installation Plan to the General Manager for an agreed-upon period of time; once approved, implements plan to meet expectations.
- Reviews performance results periodically and takes necessary actions to meet plan expectations.
- Develops, implements, and continuously improves processes for Warehouse operations and Pre-Installation Measurement process.
- Learns of scheduled installation appointments and assigns employees.
- Visits job sites to meet customers, resolve issues, and observe employees; periodic phone updates to keep abreast of job completion status.
- Reviews and analyzes completed jobs in Salesforce; ensures payment received.
- Develops, implements, and continuously improves safety processes for Installation, Service, and Warehouse operations.
- Reviews and approves labor compensation; manages to established labor budget.
- Reviews the Operations-to-Installation relationship periodically with the Operations Manager.
- Help complete installations as needed in order to take care of the customer in the best possible way.
Managerial Leadership Practices
- Conducts regular meetings with all immediate subordinate employees to discuss overall business context, plans, and problems; ensures employees understand how their roles and tasks align with organization’s mission and vision; seeks inputs/suggestions from subordinate employees.
- Assigns tasks, projects or special assignments clearly so employees know what is required of them, how much, by when and what resources are available for them to use to achieve the task.
- Appraises how effectively subordinate employees use their judgment and discretion in carrying out tasks and solving problems; discusses appraisals with them as an ongoing working dialogue.
- Coaches subordinates to increase their effectiveness in role and to meet expectations.
- Selects new employees from a list of job candidates provided by immediate manager.
- Provides new employees with effective training in role requirements, working relationships, and company requirements and culture.
- Makes de-selection decisions if employees cannot perform the work required and informs own manager.
- Continuously improves the systems and processes used to deliver outputs.
- Requests additional staff from own manager.
- Interacts with other company managers to learn how to support and improve the customer journey.
KPIS and Bonuses
Earn $1,667 monthly for meeting the Installed Revenue Target outlined by the West Shore Home Target Spreadsheet
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
The Installation Manager will report to the local warehouse and be in the field as needed conducting installation visits. The standard workweek is forty (40) hours per week Monday – Friday and overtime is common. There are physical requirements for this role, including standing on your feet for several hours, as well lifting up to 100 lbs.
Minimum Role Requirements:
- 3+ years’ experience in the installation, construction, service, or home improvement industry
- Responsible for achieving and reporting on KPIs and overseen revenues of $15 Million or more
- High school diploma required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license with a reliable vehicle
The guaranteed salary for this position is $80,000.00/year. There is a bonus potential of $1,667.00/month for meeting the Installed Revenue Target, which is outlined by West Shore Home’s Senior Management monthly. Total possible compensation for the role is $100,000.00/year; $80,000.00 + ($1,667.00 x 12 months).
We believe that when employees know they are valued and safe, they’ll bring their best efforts every day. That is why we go above and beyond to ensure that our teammates know just how much they mean to us. Through offering multiple health insurance options (medical, dental, vision, accident insurance, life insurance, critical illness insurance, and short- and long-term disability), a 401K with company match, PTO, paid holidays, training opportunities, relocation assistance, and unlimited growth potential, we’ve got you covered. This role is also eligible for our Company’s responsible-PTO policy which allows you to take the time that you need when you need it.
It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, West Shore Home will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.