West Shore Home is growing at an explosive rate. To do so, we must operate at an above average pace. We take extreme ownership of our work and are goal oriented as we move the company towards our mission of being the most admired home improvement brand in the U.S. As a Media Buyer, you are responsible to negotiate the rates and buy advertising inventory for West Shore Home and other clients, on television, radio, print, bulk direct mail and other tactics. Additionally, you must be cognizant of and be adept at researching the different ratings services within a given market and then quantify the audience sizes between stations that use different ratings sources to create apples-to-apples audience comparisons. Finally, you must ensure that ads reach target audiences at the lowest possible cost per thousand (CPM).
As a Media Buyer, you will report directly to the Media Manager.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Monitor and Analyze key metrics on a weekly basis to identify underperforming markets, stations, media/vendors, and programs within the strategic plan.
- Optimize the strategic plan by negotiating difficult circumstances with senior level station personnel, including the skillful and tactful removal of ad dollars from underperforming stations and programs, reallocating funds to better performing programs, and negotiating no-charge spots to ensure WSH KPIs are met.
- Negotiate with large station ownership groups to gain access to key programming positions with West Shore Home’s 2-minute commercials
- Negotiate revenue sharing agreements with targeted media outlets
- Monitor preemptions and work with stations to re-place or renegotiate ad buys
- Regularly participate in conference calls with research firms to ensure West Shore Home commercials are producing the expected results; use findings from research to enhance and improve West Shore Home’s content
- Responsible to develop effective buying strategy for approval of the Media Manager
- Responsible to negotiate the best rate, quality and placement of advertisements
- Responsible for keeping up to date with fluctuations in popularity ratings and developments in the industry
- Accountable for analyzing weekly CPC, and optimizing flights within a seven-day period
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
The Media Buyer works in an office setting at Corporate Headquarters. The standard workweek for regular full-time employees is forty (40) hours per week. Standard office work hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday). The Media Manager must have the ability to travel up to 10% of the year. There are no physical requirements for this role.
Minimum Role Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; High School Diploma required
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel and spreadsheets
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry tools
West Shore Home is changing the way everyone looks at the home improvement industry. Are you the next professional ready to create change in a highly-productive work environment?
It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, West Shore Home will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.