West Shore Home is growing at an explosive rate! To do so, we must operate at an above average pace. We take extreme ownership of our work and are goal oriented as we move the company towards our mission of being the most admired home improvement brand in the U.S. As the Operations Security Specialist, you will be responsible for enhancing West Shore Home’s security functions, including assisting with enforcing policy for the protection of people, facilities, and information.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Oversees the physical security for the company.
- Designs and implements corporate physical security plan.
- Support, coordinate, and assist with physical security and crime prevention programs, which may include operations security and installation security programs.
- Create and conduct personnel security training for all department personnel when necessary.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments to confirm sufficient protection (e.g., property, information, material).
- Creating, documenting, and implementing SOPs surrounding the security of our facilities.
- Assess threat levels on-site to implement immediate security countermeasures.
- Work with the installation company to provide a ready means for planning and evaluating the effectiveness of crime prevention and physical security measures per current directives and policy.
- Assist with the inventory and tracking of all keys, key cards, and locks to all areas across all facilities.
- Perform related duties as directed to ensure successful accomplishment of the Facilities Manager’s mission and duties.
- Support the Facilities Manager with enforcing the physical security policy for the security of personnel, facilities, and assets.
- Provide protection of physical assets such as alarm testing, key and lock control, camera monitoring, and intrusion detection systems.
- Assure personnel, both employees and contractors, have the correct access credential to access specific location and areas.
- Assist with the inspection of fence lines, parking areas, exterior lighting, building lighting.
- Support the surveillance of specific warehouse and overnight parking lots.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Role Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business (or Management), Criminal Justice, Criminology, or equivalent experience in lieu of education
- CPR/First Aid Certification preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Driven, motivated, self-starter
- Ability to build and manage under short timelines and sometimes ambiguous circumstances
- Comfortable in a fast pace and dynamic office environment
- Able to work in complex and growing work environments
- Strong leadership skills and ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced, high-energy, and highly team-oriented environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment on multiple projects with changing priorities with the ability to work both on a team (as member and/or leader) and independently to deliver result
It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, West Shore Home will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.