West Shore Home is growing at an explosive rate! To do so, we must operate at an above average pace to meet our mission of Bringing Happiness to Every Home. We are goal oriented and take extreme ownership of our work. Our vision is to be the most admired U.S. home improvement brand. West Shore Home operates at its best when every employee works to achieve their individual potential. To facilitate this, West Shore Home provides the structure and support to challenge you as you grow professionally, provides fair compensation as you progress in your career, and offers tools to achieve personal satisfaction.
As a Business Systems Product Team Manager, you will report directly to the Director of Business Systems. You will be the manager for a team of Business Systems Product Managers who are focused on specific areas of the business, and you will be the indirect manager for product specialists who are administrators and developers for our CRM, ERP, call center, and CPQ products.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage and mentor the team of Business Systems Product Managers who own the administration and development of our internal Salesforce, ERP, Call Center, CPQ, and related business systems tools.
- Oversee and coordinate the portfolio of product roadmaps for the BS Product Teams owned by the Product Managers.
- Provide Agile product management strategy and mentorship for the Business Systems team.
- Develop and measure Product Team metrics to ensure we are meeting quality and cost requirements, and measure and forecast product team capacity.
- Manage the staffing plan for the growing Product Team. Hire and retain top-level talent for BS Product Management and plan the future roles for resources that will deliver on the product roadmap.
- Document and ensure Product Team compliance with company policies and procedures for security, access control, and change control.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
As a successful Business Systems Product Team Manager, you will drive the timely completion of company business systems initiatives through leadership of the product teams, their resources, product roadmaps, and the agile processes used to deliver the backlog of projects. You will bring expertise to the team’s use of agile software and project management processes and build a strong team capable of meeting company goals.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Exempt role with standard hours from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
- May require travel up to 5% of the time.
- Must be able to sit and use office equipment (computer, mouse, phone, etc.) for extended periods of time
- This position is eligible for remote work or can be in-person at the corporate office or a regional office.
MINIMUM ROLE REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years of experience with effective Agile Product and Project Management.
- 3+ years of experience working with Salesforce, CPQ, ERP, and Call Center Systems, and associated tools.
- 3+ years of working knowledge of all areas of the business (Sales, Finance, Accounting, Ops, Marketing, HR).
- 1+ years as a functional manager in product management, system administration, and development.
- Experience with use and administration of Jira is strongly preferred.
- Analytical problem solving and time management skills.
- Experience in process workflow and documentation.
- Strong teamwork, relationship, and client management skills.
- Track record of delivering strong results across business.
- Ability to manage expectations and interactions between business organizations.
- Ability to influence peers and senior team leaders necessary to accomplish team goals.
The guaranteed pay range for this position is $100,000.00 per year to $150,000.00 per year. The actual rate is based on each applicant’s skill set and will be determined by the Hiring Manager. This role is a salaried, exempt position that is not eligible for overtime pay.
We believe that when employees know they are valued and safe, they’ll bring their best efforts every day. That is why we go above and beyond to ensure that our teammates know just how much they mean to us. Through offering multiple health insurance options (medical, dental, vision, accident insurance, life insurance, critical illness insurance, and short- and long-term disability), a 401K with company match, PTO, paid holidays, training opportunities, relocation assistance, and unlimited growth potential, we’ve got you covered.
West Shore Home is changing the way everyone looks at the home improvement industry. Are you the next professional ready to create change in a highly-productive work environment?
It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All employees are subject to a pre-employment screening process including a background check and drug screen. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to your recruiter.