West Shore Home is growing at an explosive rate! To do so, we must operate at an above average pace. We take extreme ownership of our work and are goal oriented as we move the company towards our mission of being the most admired home improvement brand in the U.S. As a Purchasing Intern, you will be responsible for assisting the Inside Operations, and more specifically the Purchasing Team in a variety of ways. At the same time, we will provide you exposure to all West Shore Home departments through meetings and interactions with current employees.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Audit and update information from suppliers within SalesForce.
- Communicate directly with vendors to ensure the accuracy of information.
- Assist with month end cleanup as requested by Finance/Accounting teams.
- Participate in monthly operations meetings, including interdepartmental projects.
- Attend meetings with department managers/executive team.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
The Operations Intern works in an office setting at Corporate headquarters. Standard office work hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday). Work schedule to be determined at time of hire.
Minimum Role Requirements:
- Business Administration or related major
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Practical experience with varied business activities
- Opportunity to attend business meeting and networking events
- Flexible schedule for students
- Compensation and/or college credits available
“It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All employees are subject to a pre-employment screening process including a background check and drug screen. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to your recruiter.”