West Shore Home is growing at an explosive rate! To do so, we must operate at an above average pace. We take extreme ownership of our work and are goal oriented as we move the company towards our mission of being the most admired home improvement brand in the U.S. As an Installation Manager, you will be accountable for overseeing your install team to effectively and profitably install our products.
Key Role Accountabilities
- Develops and recommends an Installation Plan to the General Manager for an agreed-upon period of time; once approved, implements plan to meet expectations.
- Reviews performance results periodically and takes necessary actions to meet plan expectations.
- Develops, implements, and continuously improves processes for Warehouse operations and Pre-Installation Measurement process.
- Learns of scheduled installation appointments and assigns employees.
- Visits job sites to meet customers, resolve issues, and observe employees; periodic phone updates to keep abreast of job completion status.
- Reviews and analyzes completed jobs in Salesforce; ensures payment received.
- Develops, implements, and continuously improves safety processes for Installation, Service, and Warehouse operations.
- Reviews and approves labor compensation; manages to established labor budget.
- Reviews the Operations-to-Installation relationship periodically with the Operations Manager.
- Help complete installations as needed in order to take care of the customer in the best possible way.
Managerial Leadership Practices
- Conducts regular meetings with all immediate subordinate employees to discuss overall business context, plans, and problems; ensures employees understand howtheir roles and tasks align with organization’s mission and vision; seeksinputs/suggestions from subordinate employees.
- Assigns tasks, projects or special assignments clearly so employees know what is required of them, how much, by when and what resources are available for them to use to achieve the task.
- Appraises how effectively subordinate employees use their judgment and discretion in carrying out tasks and solving problems; discusses appraisals with them as an ongoing working dialogue.
- Coaches subordinates to increase their effectiveness in role and to meet expectations.
- Selects new employees from a list of job candidates provided by immediate manager.
- Provides new employees with effective training in role requirements, working relationships, and company requirements and culture.
- Makes de-selection decisions if employees cannot perform the work required and informs own manager.
- Continuously improves the systems and processes used to deliver outputs.
- Requests additional staff from own manager.
- Interacts with other company managers to learn how to support and improve the customer journey.
Work Environment & Physical Requiements
The Installation Manager will report to the local warehouse and be in the field as needed conducting installation visits. The standard workweek is forty (40) hours per week Monday-Friday and overtime is common. There are physical requirements for this role, including standing on your feet for several hours, as well lifting up to 100 lbs.
Minimum Role Requirements
- 3+ years’ experience in the installation, construction, service, or home improvement industry
- Responsible for achieving and reporting on KPIs and overseen revenues of $15 Million or more
- High school diploma required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license with a reliable vehicle