As our nationwide growth accelerates, our Accounting team at our Corporate HQ in Mechanicsburg, PA plays a key role in driving forward our mission of Bringing Happiness to Every Home® by creating a culture of continuous improvement with our accounting systems, processes, and guidelines.
As a Tax Manager at West Shore Home®, you will contribute to this mission by overseeing all aspects of the Company’s federal, state, and local taxes. You will report directly to our Controller and work closely with our Accounting and Finance Departments.
What You’ll Contribute
In this role, you can expect to:
- Prepare and review federal, state, and local tax returns for West Shore Home
- Act as a liaison with the external CPA firms to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal tax laws and optimize tax benefits
- Prepare tax requirements for internal and external partners
- Calculate and process payments for all required company taxes
- Provide support for internal and external audits, including but not limited to review of the tax provision
- Manage and oversee work of staff accountants and other accounting employees as directed by the Controller
- Provide new employees with effective training in role requirements
What It Takes to Succeed
At West Shore Home, we are Default Aggressive towards our goals and take Extreme Ownership of our results. We’ll provide you with the training and tools to set you up for success, and we hope that you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 5+ years of relevant work experience
- CPA (Preferred)
- Public accounting experience in a tax-specific role
- Forward-thinking and creative capabilities balanced with high ethical standards
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced, high-energy, and highlt team-oriented environment
- Must have a valid smart phone or smart device in order to log in to Company required systems using two-factor authentication
We Invest in YOU
We believe that when employees know they are valued and safe, they’ll bring their best efforts every day. That is why we go above and beyond to ensure that our teammates know just how much they mean to us, and we are proud to have earned Top Workplaces USA for Compensation & Benefits recognition.
We’ve got you covered with:
- Multiple health insurance options (medical, dental, vision, accident, life, critical illness, and short- and long-term disability)
- 401K retirement plan with company match
- Paid holidays and paid time off (PTO)
- Continued training & leadership development opportunities
- Unlimited professional and personal growth potential
More to Know
- Schedule: Exempt role with standard hours from 8:00AM to 5:00PM (Monday-Friday)
- Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
- Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Why Work at West Shore Home?
We are on a mission to do something that has never been done before – to build the first nationwide home remodeling brand. That requires a high level of imagination, commitment, and determination from people who take extreme ownership of their circumstances. We are proud that our commitment to culture has earned us the 2023 Top Workplaces USA award as one of the nation’s top employers, as well as distinct recognition in the following categories: Leadership, Purpose & Values, and Compensation & Benefits.
We operate at our best when every employee works to achieve their individual potential. To facilitate this, West Shore Home actively invests in our people by providing the structure and support to challenge you as you grow professionally and offering tools to achieve personal satisfaction. If you are looking to unlock your potential and find out what you are truly capable of, there is no better place to do so.
Our Growth Story
What started as a local window & door replacement company in a small Pennsylvania suburb has grown into a technology-enabled home improvement powerhouse with over 2,500 employees across 16+ states. With continued national expansion plans, we have committed ourselves to staying true to our roots with a customer-first mindset and an employee-centric culture. While we come from different backgrounds and experiences, we are aligned by our values and are driven by a common goal – becoming America’s Most Admired Home Remodeling Brand®.
It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All employees are subject to a pre-employment screening process including a background check and drug screen. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to your recruiter.