As a Texas Tradesman Plumbing Technician at West Shore Home, you will join us on our mission of Bringing Happiness to Every Home™ by supporting our Installation teams in delivering five-star shower installation and bath remodel experiences to our customers. You will report directly to our Director of Installation and work under the supervision of the branch’s Responsible Master Plumber.
We Invest in YOU
We believe that when employees know they are valued and safe, they’ll bring their best efforts every day. That is why we go above and beyond to ensure that our teammates know just how much they mean to us.
We’ve got you covered with:
- Full-time, year-round W2 employment with a generous benefits package including insurances, Paid Time Off, 401k with company match
- Unlimited overtime opportunities that pay up to DOUBLE your normal wage
- World-class training programs that promote continuous improvement and a pre-defined career glidepath to level up your career
- Company-provided tools and equipment
- A vehicle, gas, and drive time covered by West Shore Home
What You’ll Contribute
In this role, you can expect to:
- Provide direct support to the Master Plumber at your local branch while successfully logging hours working underneath their license until you reach the threshold to obtain your own plumbing license
- Support your branch’s Master Plumber when they respond to plumbing emergencies within normal business hours, as well as with daily on-site installation inspections
- Support the Installation Manager and the team of Installers by educating and training proper plumbing techniques
- Research and study all applicable plumbing and building codes within the territory of your branch, in addition to emerging plumbing products and techniques
- Understand the West Shore Home installation method to support the local installation team, as needed
- Complete service calls, provide plumbing support, conduct job site inspections, and other duties as assigned by your Master Plumber
- Complete ongoing education courses and training classes provided by West Shore Home
What It Takes to Succeed
At West Shore Home, we are Default Aggressive towards our goals and take Extreme Ownership of our results. We’ll provide you with the training and tools to set you up for success, and we hope that you’ll bring:
- Lead installer or higher level within WSH and six months of employment without disciplinary action OR 500 hours logged under an active plumbing license with the ability to complete the remaining OJT hours working for WSH
- A passion for using your plumbing expertise to develop the skills of those around you
- A proven record of superior workmanship
- Ability to successfully complete a criminal background investigation and drug screening
- Strong attention to detail
- Valid Driver’s License
More to Know
- Schedule: Non-exempt role with standard hours Monday – Friday 6:30AM – 3:00PM
- Location: Austin, TX; Houston, TX; Dallas, TX (On-Site)
- Seniority Level: Associate
Why Work at West Shore Home?
We are on a mission to do something that has never been done before – to build the first nationwide home remodeling brand. With 15+ years’ experience in the Residential Remodeling industry and 33+ locations nationwide, West Shore Home® has the resources, tools, and motivation to help you succeed.
Whether you’re looking to start a new career or expand your existing wealth of knowledge, we have the training, coaching, and development to take your career to the next level. If you are looking to unlock your potential and find out what you are truly capable of, there is no better place to do so. Join us on our mission of becoming America’s Most Admired Home Remodeling Brand™!
It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All employees are subject to a pre-employment screening process including a background check and drug screen. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to your recruiter.