West Shore Home is growing at an explosive rate. To do so, we must operate at an above average pace to meet our mission of Bringing Happiness to Every Home. We are goal oriented and take extreme ownership of our work. Our vision is to be the most admired U.S. home improvement brand. West Shore Home operates at its best when every employee works to achieve their individual potential. To facilitate this, West Shore Home provides the structure and support to challenge you as you grow professionally, provides fair compensation as you progress in your career, and offers tools to achieve personal satisfaction.
As a Traveling Installation Trainer, you will report to the Installation Training Manager as part of the Installer Training Team within the Training and Leadership Development Directorate.
Key Role Accountabilities
- Assist in the development and updates of training manuals for all West Shore Home installed products.
- Instruct the hands-on training program for all West Shore Home installed products at all installer levels and for all field service roles.
- Conduct on-site installation and related training programs for the startup of green field locations.
- Develops installation population in accordance with Employee Qualification Standards and level loading protocol with local branch leadership.
- Conducts evaluations of trainees at each installer level to ensure uniform competence among installer population.
- Participate in feedback from General Mangers related to in-field performance of trainees and adapts training program, as necessary.
- Holds touchpoints with Install Managers to keep them abreast of installer performance during training.
- Teaches leadership philosophy and real-world leadership skills to front-line installers to help them develop into lead installers.
- Recommends promotions to leadership staff at local branches.
What Success Looks Like
As an On-site Installation training you must have Extreme Ownership of every aspect of installation training in support of local offices. It is your responsibility to train qualified installers capable of meeting the requirements of the job immediately after your training. Your Default Aggressive stance is to ensure Installation Managers have qualified people to meet the operational requirements of West Shore Home. Our installers Will Be Great at Everything they do because you have given them the skills and confidence to do so. Collectively, we will Get Better Every Single Day because you will look for ways to improve training outcomes, effective delivery of content, and improved teaching and coach techniques. The Training and Leadership Development Team are Exceptional Teammates because we produce Exceptional Teammates. You will be one of the first West Shore Home leaders, coaches, and mentors our new teammates encounter, it is your responsibility to set the example and Do the Right Thing Always.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Train and assess local branch installer populations on- site.
- Instruct at one of the Installer Training Centers and be in the field as needed to observe installation and West Shore Home processes. Expect up to 80% travel to be effective in this role
- Exempt role with standard hours from 08:00 to 05:00 (Monday through Friday).
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy equipment and materials, up to 100 lbs.
Minimum Role Requirements
- 3+ years’ experience in the installation, construction, service, or home improvement industry
- 2+ years’ experience in a training role preferred
- High School diploma required, bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
“It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All employees are subject to a pre-employment screening process including a background check and drug screen. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to your recruiter.”