West Shore Home is growing at an explosive rate. To do so, we must operate at an above average pace to meet our mission of Bringing Happiness to Every Home. We are goal oriented and take extreme ownership of our work. Our vision is to be the most admired U.S. home improvement brand. West Shore Home operates at its best when every employee works to achieve their individual potential. To facilitate this, West Shore Home provides the structure and support to challenge you as you grow professionally, provides fair compensation as you progress in your career, and offers tools to achieve personal satisfaction.
As the Vice President of Finance, you will report to Chief Financial Officer. You will also take direction and work closely with the Chief Accounting Officer. The following departments / leaders will report to directly to the VP of Finance; Consumer Finance (existing) and Financial Planning and Analysis (existing), and Investor Relations (future). You will also work very closely with the Chief Accounting Officer to assist the Chief Financial Officer in key accounting related decisions and may be required at times to assist the accounting department in key reports or projects. In addition you will develop strategic operating plans and oversees all financial forecasts while driving systems, processes, and controls to enable broader financial subject area expertise within the organization.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Serves as a primary liaison for the executive team on strategic and operational matters pertaining to Finance.
- Supports the CFO and the Accounting senior leadership team in strategic planning and problem resolution; ensures matters requiring the attention of executive leaders are thoroughly developed, researched, and executed.
- Prepares the final MD&A analysis for all earnings reporting and board meetings
- Prepares all key financial packages for quarterly board meetings and presents when necessary.
- Negotiates and closes key contracts and agreements to minimize cost and maximize terms to the Organization.
- Manages high-priority projects and programs designed to support Finance goals.
- Work closed with the CAO on the notes and disclosures within the financial statements.
- Responsible for overall implementation of accounting and finance related SOX program
- Coordinates with Internal Auditor to develop financial controls and internal audit policies and assures compliance
- Involved closely with the company’s CPA firm for year-end review/audit to advise the CFO on critical matters and timely reporting
- Assists the CFO and CAO in management (and when necessary selection) of external auditor
- Responsible for producing final forecasts and financial guidance under define deadlines and with a high degree of accuracy to meet or beat earnings forecasts.
- Assist in the strategy of the key metrics which the organization reports to investors
- Develops and implements the company budgeting system; leads the annual budget preparation and approval process.
- Works closely with internal audit to measure and report monthly actual to budget for all departments
- Responsible for the final financial models and operating tools use by the senior management team and staff to improve decision making
- Reports risk issues to the CFO and CAO.
- Helps select the organizations external Investor Relations firm
- Manages Investor Relations relationships with the CFO
- As necessary, builds and staffs internal Investor Relations team
- Prepares all documentation necessary for Investor Relations purposes
- Is responsible for gathering financial data for analysis and forecasting with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance for the purposes of annual and quarterly reporting
- Leads weekly executive budget meetings and preparation of materials
- Prepares monthly financial statement package; reviews with executive management team.
- Reviews/Approves monthly cash flow and variance analysis reports and reviews with senior management team.
- Coordinates the preparation of the corporate annual report.
- Provides financial analysis as needed, for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Reports and tracks equity positions as necessary
- Develops, implements, monitors and continuously improves the organization’s Finance and Accounting systems, processes and effectiveness.
- Represents Finance in ERP selections, upgrades, and implementations.
- Maintain all required bank reporting and regulatory financial reporting.
- Develops financial tax strategies to maximize profits in conjunction with the CFO and CAO.
Managerial Leadership Practices
- Conducts regular meetings with all immediate subordinate employees to discuss overall business context, plans, and problems; ensures employees understand how their roles and tasks align with organization’s mission and vision; seeks inputs/suggestions from subordinate employees.
- Assigns tasks, projects or special assignments clearly so employees know what is required of them, how much, by when and what resources are available for them to use to achieve the task.
- Appraises how effectively subordinate employees use their judgment and discretion in carrying out tasks and solving problems; discusses appraisals with them as an ongoing working dialogue.
- Coaches subordinates to increase their effectiveness in role and to meet expectations.
- Decides subordinate pay and merit increases within established organization compensation guidelines; communicates pay revisions with them.
- Selects new employees from a list of job candidates provided by immediate manager.
- Provides new employees with effective training in role requirements, working relationships, and company requirements and culture.
- Makes de-selection decisions if employees cannot perform the work required and informs own manager.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- This individual should be energized and aligned with our core values, especially areas like extreme ownership and being default aggressive towards problem solving.
- This individual should thrive in dynamic fast-paced environment with prior experience in growing and/or complex companies.
- This individual should be comfortable building and growing the company (i.e. forming new departments, evolving and changing roles, creating new policy)
- This individual should be comfortable working and interacting closely with C-Suite and CEO, and the expectations that come with this type of role.
- This individual must have prior strong experience in accounting and financial management in either large private, public, or high growth companies.
- This individual should be comfortable strong prior experience in leading strategic negotiations to drive favorable outcomes.
- This individual should have a strong background in execution and working on multiple projects or workstreams simultaneously.
- This individual should be excited and energized by a role that will make a real time and direct impact on the organization he/she leads.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The VP of Finance primary workplace is the Corporate Headquarters located in Mechanicsburg, PA. The standard workweek for regular full-time employees is forty (40) hours per week. The job is conducted in person with limited “work from home” approval. Standard office work hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday). This role may require limited travel at times. There are no physical requirements for this role.
MINIMUM ROLE REQUIREMENTS
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in financial management and leadership
- Master’s in Business Administration preferred but not required
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Absolute commitment to accounting compliance and maintain above reproach ethical standards with great integrity.
- Prior experience in accounting leadership
- Experience in public company settings strongly preferred
- Experience in working with Sarbanes Oxley and other regulatory and compliance matters
- Experience in implementing PCAOB standards including technical accounting memos
- Experience in working with key Financial ERP systems
- Experience and understanding in growing financial inventory management systems
- Exceptional negotiation skills for key contracts and agreements
- Comfortable in a fast pace and high growth environment.
- Comfortable with leading in the absence of orders and working under ambiguous situations.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven decision-making skills with ability to manage under high pressure and tight deadlines.
“It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All employees are subject to a pre-employment screening process including a background check and drug screen. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to your recruiter.”