As our nationwide growth accelerates, our Human Resources team plays a key role in driving forward our mission of Bringing Happiness to Every Home® by creating an environment that is highly productive, meaningful, and inclusive for all team members.
As the Vice President of Human Resources at West Shore Home®, you will contribute to this mission by driving the business forward in line with strategic priorities by taking ownership of all aspects of Human Resources. You will report directly to the General Counsel and work closely with the Director of Human Resources and other HR professionals and leaders across the company.
What You’ll Contribute
In this role, you can expect to:
- Develop and oversee a high-performing Human Resources team consisting of multiple locations in multiple states
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Human Resources team, senior management, and executive-level leadership
- Create and oversee a best-in-class employee onboarding experience to include collaboration with the Recruiting team to ensure a successful hand-off after an accepted offer letter
- Provide support and guidance to all employees and ensure all concerns and resulting investigations are handled appropriately
- Lead an employee engagement program that supports all corporate and operational leaders across the organization
- Manage and continually improve an effective employee benefits program that meets all relevant compliance and reporting standards
- Manage, oversee, and improve all policies, practices, and procedures across the organization; partner with the organizational development team to help facilitate relevant feedback
- Work closely with the Legal team on Human Resources compliance matters and reporting procedures
- Manage and continually improve an effective payroll program that meets all relevant compliance and reporting standards
- Manage the internal performance management tracking system to monitor adherence and provide support to improve adoption and implementation of key performance management programs
- Develop, implement, manage, and continually improve an HRIS system capable of supporting all current and future needs within the organization
- Improve talent analytics to identify opportunities, measure progress, and deliver actionable insights in collaboration with the organizational development team to make changes based on the analytics
- Collaborate with executive leadership on Human Resources workforce planning, resource allocation, and budgets to grow the business sustainably
- Create and oversee a successful diversity, equity, and inclusion program
What It Takes to Succeed
At West Shore Home, we are Default Aggressive towards our goals and take Extreme Ownership of our results. We’ll provide you with the training and tools to set you up for success, and we hope that you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field is required; a relevant graduate degree would be an asset.
- 10+ years of Human Resources experience, with 5+ years of experience in a significant management role
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP is strongly preferred
- Experience in a high-growth, multi-state distributed environment
- Experience with leading, developing, motivating, and empowering teams at all levels to meet and exceed goals
- Ability to work within a collaborative team environment, and influence and engage diverse audiences and stakeholders
- Ability to build long-term and trust-based relationships
We Invest in YOU
We believe that when employees know they are valued and safe, they’ll bring their best efforts every day. That is why we go above and beyond to ensure that our teammates know just how much they mean to us.
We’ve got you covered with:
- Multiple health insurance options (medical, dental, vision, accident, life, critical illness, and short- and long-term disability)
- 401K retirement plan with company match
- Paid holidays and paid time off (PTO)
- Continued training & leadership development opportunities
- Unlimited professional and personal growth potential
More to Know
- Schedule: Exempt role with standard hours from 8:00AM-5:00PM (Monday-Friday)
- Location: Mechanicsburg, PA (On-Site)
- Seniority Level: Director, Executive
Why Work at West Shore Home?
We are on a mission to do something that has never been done before – to build the first nationwide home remodeling brand. That requires a high level of imagination, commitment, and determination from people who take extreme ownership of their circumstances. We don’t make excuses. We solve problems and get things done. If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to join us on our mission.
We operate at our best when every employee works to achieve their individual potential. To facilitate this, West Shore Home actively invests in our people by providing the structure and support to challenge you as you grow professionally and offering tools to achieve personal satisfaction. If you are looking to unlock your potential and find out what you are truly capable of, there is no better place to do so.
Our Growth Story
What started as a local window & door replacement company in a small Pennsylvania suburb has grown into a technology-enabled home improvement powerhouse with over 2,000 employees across 15+ states. With continued national expansion plans, we have committed ourselves to staying true to our roots with a customer-first mindset and an employee-centric culture. While we come from different backgrounds and experiences, we are aligned by our values and are driven by a common goal – becoming America’s Most Admired Home Remodeling Brand®.
It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All employees are subject to a pre-employment screening process including a background check and drug screen. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to your recruiter.