West Shore Home is growing at an explosive rate. To do so, we must operate at an above average pace to meet our mission of Bringing Happiness to Every Home. We are goal oriented and take extreme ownership of our work. Our vision is to be the most admired U.S. home improvement brand. West Shore Home operates at its best when every employee works to achieve their individual potential. To facilitate this, West Shore Home provides the structure and support to challenge you as you grow professionally, provides fair compensation as you progress in your career, and offers tools to achieve personal satisfaction.
As the Vice President of Training and Leadership Development, you will report to the Chief Development Officer and oversee the training and leadership development department, which oversees the entirety of training and leadership development for the enterprise.
Key Role Accountabilities
- Develop, design, implement, and monitor the progress of all initial and sustainment training for all departments the enterprise.
- Partner with all department heads to ensure training plans are developed with their insight to deliver a trained employee capable of working effectively for the enterprise.
- Provide constant communication to all regional operations and support leadership to ensure training plans are aligned with all departmental goals.
- Work with HR to ensure a seamless transition from the onboarding team to the training team.
- Manage the training pipeline to support the regional operations team and all other support teams within the enterprise.
- Create and implement sustainment training plans for all departments within the enterprise to ensure every employee has the tools they need to reach their full potential.
- Develop, implement, and monitor an employee growth plan that develops entry level employees into front line leaders.
- Work with all departments across the enterprise to develop new and improve existing processes and procedures and create training to implement any changes to the processes and procedures.
- Build, scale, and continually improve a world class training organization that can deliver the results expected from the enterprise.
- Implement technology and design an LMS to create online training catalogs for employees to utilize.
- Develop, design, and implement a leadership development program that can help accelerate the growth of leaders at all levels throughout the enterprise.
- Manage and audit SOPs throughout the enterprise.
- Lead training sessions as required.
- Develop relationships with the enterprise that showcases your passion and care to deliver a high touch, West Shore Home branded training experience for the entire enterprise.
What Success Looks Like
You must take ownership of every aspect of training and leadership development within West Shore Home to create a high touch experience that exemplifies the West Shore Home brand to our employees. You must take an aggressive approach to designing and implementing curriculum that will allow West Shore Home to scale and become the most admired US home improvement brand. You must understand what your internal customers need and work tirelessly to train their new employees up to the standards they expect. You must also learn and own West Shore Home’s management philosophy to make it the cornerstone of your leadership development efforts across the enterprise. You must create great training content that is becoming a world class organization, and continually strive to improve that material as the enterprise continues to grow. You must develop strong working relationships that build trust between your department and the rest of the enterprise. Your success will be realized when the rest of the West Shore Home team succeeds because of the support the training and leadership development team provided to them.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Exempt role with standard hours from 08:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
- May require travel up to 25% of the time based on the needs of the business.
- Must be able to sit and use office equipment (computer, mouse, phone, etc.) for extended periods of time.
Minimum Role Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, related field preferred; Master’s degree or MBA preferred. OR 5 years training experience within West Shore Home.
- Demonstrated experience leading a robust training department that oversees the training plans of multiple departments within an organization.
- Demonstrated experience developing leadership development and leadership sustainment training.
- Demonstrated experience successfully delivering curriculum to adult learners.
- Experience teaching and training a class of adult learners.
- Construction or Home-remodeling industry experience is preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated experience developing curriculum for adult learners.
“It is the policy of West Shore Home to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All employees are subject to a pre-employment screening process including a background check and drug screen. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to your recruiter.”